April 1, 2008

About This Site

The Who, What, Where, When and Why of Diggin' Up Bones....

WHO?

The people found in the postings here will be ancestors or relatives of the families that frequent the StalkerClan. There will be quite a bit of information about the ADKINS, JUSTICE and LOONEY families because there have been books written about them. I hope to find some information on the many other families that we call relatives. A list of surnames for this site could grow quite long and may someday include BAILEY, CHARLES, CHILDERES, FARMER, HAWKINS, HERRING, JONES, MARRS, MATNEY, MULLINS, PHILLIPS, POTTER, RATLIFF, SMITH, WALKER and many more.

WHAT?

I am mostly interested in stories about our ancestors lives, where and how they lived, what they did for a living, any historic events they took part in or witnessed, their triumphs and their tragedies. I will include genealogical data when I find it and will try to give credit to the researcher who compiled it. Personally though, I am not so much interested in the date someone was born and the date he died as I am in what happened between those two dates.

WHERE?

Here, of course. 

WHEN?

Oh, ... whenever. Whenever I find something interesting. Whenever I find the time. 

WHY?

Because I got interested in this stuff and found a lot of interesting information available on the Internet and...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found some things while looking for my camera manual last night. I found the big picture of Maw Rachel's brother who drownd (that I swore I didn't have). I have a copy of the material Willie gave us several years ago on the Looneys and a copy of some information on Stalkers from Charles Stalker who lives in Shelbyville. I also found an unopened Family Tree Maker software package. I'll try to bring all this stuff to you WildFlower Weekend. This looks good and I think it is a good idea to keep it all separate.

Anonymous said...

I really enjlyed reading about our ancestors. They must have had a really tough time. I know that is why dad is to tough. He had to be. We are a bunch of whimps next to them. Thanks for all the hard work brother. The pictures sure are something to think about. I wonder if 100 years from now, if our ancestors will be looking at your book saying the same thing about us.
Jeff

Unknown said...

How about Gilbert Looney who is listed as either a foster child or an adopted child? He married Parthena Martin.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Moon said...

Are you familiar with the Baker DNA study that is being done through FTDNA? The DNA study has shown that there is no connection between the New England Bakers, which includes Alexander Baker and wife Elizabeth Ann, and Thomas Baker (md. Dorothy Davenport). These are two distinct and different family trees according to the DNA evidence. The basic story of the New England Bakers being connected to the Virginia Bakers has been circulating for a long time, but it looks like it's false. Here is a link to information about the DNA study: http://www.pamunkeybakers.com/dna.htm#3